Monday, March 22, 2010

Today I spent the day with 4 innovative, forward thinking principals. They are all trying different things in the schools they work in to improve the learning for the student. There's so much going on in schools it is hard to scratch the service of what is the real picture. What is the real picture you ask. It is what is real learning? What is real teaching? Are we doing it and if we are not doing it then how do we?
How do we get better at teaching? How do we provide opportunities for our children to learn in ways. We must move away from one size fits all our children, it just doesn't work that way anymore.
We need to concentrate on one thing at a time. For us it is inquiry learning. Getting in to the best way to deliver inquiry to our children.
We really need to unpack the way we deliver the learning ,how does it empower our learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rangiora, Canterbury, New Zealand
I have been Principal of Ashley School since 2002 and I am still learning my job.I am married with 3 children. I have a love of educating children to the best of their potential. I enjoy Rowan Atkinson, Ricky Gervais, cycling and all other sports.