Thursday, February 23, 2012

A week for Reflection.

What a week!
Visited a Kindy,Fun!!
I just forgot how much fun these places are with all the equipments and reasons for playing.The conversations these children have are wonderful, some of them have the negotiation skills of a UN peacekeeper.
I really enjoyed visiting with Gill our New Entrant teacher who has a handle on how these wee ones operate.To me they all seem like Rubiks Cube but Gill knows just what they want and what they need. Its a special skill to be a Junior teacher. I don't have the knees for it any more.

Remembering this week what happened 12 months ago was marked by a ceremonial tree planting.Losing a former pupil in the CTV building gave our school a direct link but there was more. Everyone knows someone who has been affected. Staff, parents, all have links or been directly affected themselves. It makes it all very personal.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gee, You are back on air. Great stuff. I'm sorry I wasn't there for Meet the Teacher, I'd already booked my trip to Wellington before school went back and dates were notified. Actually I'm even sorrier that I simply forgot my Parent/teacher/student meeting. No excuse there except for being weighed down by yesterday's remembrances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had a hat on I'd take it off to all Junior teachers. A special breed.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rangiora, Canterbury, New Zealand
I have been Principal of Ashley School since 2002 and I am still learning my job.I am married with 3 children. I have a love of educating children to the best of their potential. I enjoy Rowan Atkinson, Ricky Gervais, cycling and all other sports.