Sunday, November 21, 2010

Observation

Being the son of a Coal miner from the Buller, I can relate with the goings on in Greymouth over the last few days.It was a while since my father had worked underground when I came around. However there was always the feeling that a community has sending loved ones away to work in a dangerous occupation always was around while I was growing up.
After playing rugby and teaching in Grey someone I know could be down that mine. What do you tell a family waiting for their loved one to come home?
My heart goes out tot he families affected by this tragedy. We just never know what is around the corner .

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Rangiora, Canterbury, New Zealand
I have been Principal of Ashley School since 2002 and I am still learning my job.I am married with 3 children. I have a love of educating children to the best of their potential. I enjoy Rowan Atkinson, Ricky Gervais, cycling and all other sports.